Sunday, May 9, 2010

Day #1 - Setting Up

I have officially started the experiment at 5:30pm, 9th May.

In my older blogs, I have posted my method. However, I have edited as I realised today that it is difficult to cut same sized holes and quickly. So I decided to hole punch them, so I edited the method to say 'hole punch or cut'. Hole punching the paper bags is my efficient, looks better, and easier to control (size and number of holes).

So first I came home from the supermarket and got all the things for the experiment, then I followed the method I wrote over a month ago here


(from left to right - green apples, paper bags, green bananas)


And here are some other photos:


I aligned the fruits so that it was 'Plastic bag, brown paper bag with holes, brown paper bag, nothing'. I also labelled the brown paper bags with 'A' for 'Apples' and 'B' for 'Bananas' in case it gets messed up later on.
The spot where I my fruits are right now is in the kitchen. I chose this place because
  1. It has no direct contact with sunlight
  2. It has enough space for all 8 fruits
  3. In case it smells later on, it would only be in the kitchen
  4. It seemed suitable.

Here are the final placements of my fruits.





My results for today:

Apples
  • Smell - fresh, green apple
  • Colour - Nice-looking green
  • Hardness - Hard
  • Other - None
Bananas
  • Smell - really raw banana smell.
  • Colour - Green, with some patches of yellow in the middle.
  • Hardness - Hard (for a banana)
  • Other - These's a few brown spots on the bananas.

No comments:

Post a Comment